Sustainability – Other Projects
- Generation of a National Assessment Report framework for Pacific Island Countries and Territories for country reporting to the World Summit for Sustainable Development, 2002. Client: UNDESA, UN Division of Economic and Social Affairs, the New York Secretariat to the UN General Assembly through the Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme SPREP. Subsequent generation of National Sustainable Development Strategy templates for use by Pacific Small Island Developing States (SIDS)
- Review of Environmental Causes of Conflict in the Pacific, as part of the Pacific Island Forum Secretariat (PIFS) Land Management and Conflict Minimization Programme. PIFS, Fiji
- Review of the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Land Information Systems (LIS) in Pacific Island Countries, as part of the Pacific Island Forum Secretariat (PIFS) Land Management and Conflict Minimization Programme. PIFS, Fiji
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) – Global Environment Facility (GEF) – Guiding document for integration of national policy for UNFCCC, UNCCD and UNCBD requirements. UNDP GEF Sustainable Land Management Programme for Small Island Developing States (SIDS), New York
- Bushfire Risk Assessment and Risk Management Strategy, Jerrabomberra and Tralee areas, for the City of Queanbeyan, NSW
- Samoa Tourism Indicators Handbook, sponsor and editor for author and Samoa Tourism Authority (STA)
- Yass Shire Council: Tourist activities, Burrinjuck Dam – NSW. Advice on the development of an Eco-Tourism Strategy, legislative and administrative processes to support/refuse rezoning applications
- Vulnerability and Adaptation model for Tourism and Coastal Development evaluation, Upolu and Savaii Islands, Samoa. UNDP with Adapt Asia
- Coastal Adaptation and Risk Reduction: Review and evaluation of hard and soft adaptation options, UNDP Multi-country office (MCO) with Adapt Asia
- UN National Capacity Self Assessments. Research document on integrating capacity assessments across UN Conventions, UNDP -GEF, UNDP, New York
- Heritage Assessment Review Seminar, Queanbeyan, 1992 (AHC) and subsequent setting up of Local Heritage Precinct Community Groups;
- UNDP/GEF, Pacific Governance Programme – Niue Sustainable Land Management Project, 2007-2008.
- National Capacity Self Assessment – Research Doccument on integrating capacity assessments across Conventions, UNDP – GEF, New York 2007.
- Guiding document for integrating UNCCC, UNCCD and UNCBD requirements for UNDP GEF Sustainable Land Management Programme for Small Island Developing States, 2006.
- Pacific Envrionment Outlook for UNEP, Nairobi, Kenya, 2005.
- Production of the ‘Synopsis of Sustainable Development in the Pacific’, for CROP, 2002. Updated annually while at SPREP as the regional guide for national sustainable development strategies and regional preparations for the WSSD;
- Niue Mineral Policy: Assisting SOPAC in drafting of Niue’s Mineral & Quarrying Policy, 1999;
Please use our enquiry form to submit details about your project here or Click here to send us a message